Oloid: Mathematically Perfect Desktop Sculpture
A desktop sculpture that brings art, science, beauty and technology together in a single piece of solid metal. Perfect for thinkers, makers, visionaries, learners, teachers, and even for children.
Its hypnotic motion and flawless-smooth texture make it a great tool for stress-relief and concentration. A unique object that unleashes creative thinking and mindfulness.
What is so special about the oloid?
- Although its shape is curved, it moves in a perfect straight line.
- Although its shape is not round, it rolls.
- It has sharp edges, but its motion is gentle and smooth.
- While it rolls, every single point of its surface touches the ground.
- Its surface area is identical to a sphere of the same radius.
- It’s surface is developable, meaning it can constructed from a flat sheet.
- It has incredible functional properties; the oloid shape can be used for water treatment, as a propeller in navigation, or as stirrer in biotechnology.